Pickup Map and Procedures
Drop 'n Go Zone and Parking
- Families who drive to school can utilize the Drop 'n Go Zone and parking in the Mary Queen of Heaven parking lot before and after school.
- Those families dropping off should remain in line until the west side of the lot is reached where there are orange markers and staff helping students safely out of cars. Please wait for staff members to direct you to this area and do not let your child out of the car in another location that could cause them to cross through the parking lot. This not only keeps our children safe, it keeps the line moving as quickly as possible.
- If you would like to walk your child to the building, please park in the Mary Queen lot and use the entrance to the property behind the dumpster area or the crosswalk where the fence opens in the center of the lot.
- The Emerson staff will do our best to help direct traffic in inclement weather on West St.
- Students may enter Emerson's property beginning at 8:00 AM. There is no supervision prior to 8:00 AM so students may not arrive to school until this time.
- Kindergarten students will line up until 8:10 when their teachers comes to pick them up. Grade 1 - 5 students may begin entering the building at 8:05 at the assigned door for their grade level.
- Any students arriving after 8:15 must enter through the main office.
- Students who enter the building after 8:15 will be marked tardy, however, our goal is to have students unpacked and in their seats ready to learn at 8:15.
- Students will exit out of the assigned door for their grade level beginning at 3:00 PM.
- Kindergarten through third grade students must have an adult or older sibling (4th or 5th grade) pick them up after school or have shared alternate plans with the classroom teacher and Principal.
- All students not participating in after school activities or Rec Station must exit the property by 3:10 PM unless going to the front playground with an adult.